Friday, September 07, 2007

Memory

Silently beckoning doorway to the past,
Wondrously momentary, too fleeting to last
You are my memory, whisper you do
'Remember me, for I shall remember you.'

You are the silhouette in a blurred image
Never complete, yet so well defined, of age.
Silently you remind me when I gaze at you
'Remember me, for I shall remember you.'

You are the yellowing pages of a book
Memories swathed in the colorful robes of emotion
are concealed in the pages with words so true
'Remember me, for I shall remember you.'

You are the past I carry with me
The past that makes my eyes watery
You are the wind that rustles up the leaves
You are the sunshine that I stare into forcefully.

You are the distant vision I look at but don't see
You are the smile I give but don't mean
You are my irrepressible memory
Always whispering, 'Remember me.'

No comments: