I look at the photograph, blink away
Tears of longing for those friends I left
Paving their future, brick by brick
and looking back at me as they went their way.
I gaze at it and am transported instantly
Washed away by a torrent of memories
To a beach where I taste the salt laden air
And feel the silken sand beneath, gravelly.
Carefree voices are carried by the breeze,
Caress my ears as I look lazily yonder.
Worries to the wind, they laugh and play
Reminding me to live each day.
The setting sun casts their shadows so long,
That they wrap me up in their dark soothing comfort.
I close my eyes and venture a thought
When the sun has set, will their shadows be gone?
Live the moment, the winds whisper softly
And I open my eyes, look yonder and smile.
Aakash is getting a dunking in the sea again.
A moment later, and I'd have missed the scene.
I take a bold step forward, shade to sun.
For a moment I'm blinded, but I recover and move again,
Secure in the knowledge that their shadows will never betray
In my heart I'll find them, saying, "Bring it on!"
Tears of longing for those friends I left
Paving their future, brick by brick
and looking back at me as they went their way.
I gaze at it and am transported instantly
Washed away by a torrent of memories
To a beach where I taste the salt laden air
And feel the silken sand beneath, gravelly.
Carefree voices are carried by the breeze,
Caress my ears as I look lazily yonder.
Worries to the wind, they laugh and play
Reminding me to live each day.
The setting sun casts their shadows so long,
That they wrap me up in their dark soothing comfort.
I close my eyes and venture a thought
When the sun has set, will their shadows be gone?
Live the moment, the winds whisper softly
And I open my eyes, look yonder and smile.
Aakash is getting a dunking in the sea again.
A moment later, and I'd have missed the scene.
I take a bold step forward, shade to sun.
For a moment I'm blinded, but I recover and move again,
Secure in the knowledge that their shadows will never betray
In my heart I'll find them, saying, "Bring it on!"
No comments:
Post a Comment