Saturday, September 27, 2008

Are we that different?

Are we that different, you and I?
We have the same problems, the same desires
Were born out of the same earth, at different times.
The same land is your's and mine.

Shave and wash, and you look just like me
In my rooftop office, I watch silently
Life for me, is a test of my will 
As it is in your hideout in the hills.

We both are at work 24 - 7
Work from a broken life offers haven
Thinking not about the lives we affect
A busy schedule leaves no time to reflect.

You think about if you will be alive
To feed your kids and starving wife
I think, will my wife still be there
waiting for me when I arrive?

Are we that different, you and me?
Bullets are your weapon, mine is money
Death for you, means eternal life
A life without money means I'm dead already.

Face it, we are all the same inside
A quirk of fate changed our sphere of life
So why fight each other, come let's unite
And fight the criminal that allows you to thrive.

2 comments:

Savita said...

Simple and nice...
But I think there is a lot of difference.. depends how you look at it...

Unknown said...

ya there is a difference... I am just choosing not to focus on it...