Thursday, May 22, 2008

Death

The sun shining through your auburn hair
As it billowed in the gentle, caressing breeze
Was a feather floating gently to the ground
framed in the dying evening light.

The twinkle in your eye, so alive,
that it danced and shimmered like the evening star
Was an ember glowing in a funeral pyre
Beating its last rhythm as it lay there dying.

The warm, wet burn where you planted a kiss,
Sealed with a gesture, the bond of love
Was the last drop of rain that fell on my cheek
Before the cloud that produced it, evanesced.

The bronze of your skin as you played with me,
As we played in the water of a gurgling stream
Was the deathly carpet of leaves that crunched
beneath my feet as I walked to you.

The jagged shapes of rocky outcrops
At the bottom of a cliff, sheer and high
Were your arms, lovingly open
Waiting to embrace me as I fell.

3 comments:

Savita said...

Whow man!!
Why do you think so much??...
I had to read each stanza a 100 times to understand it..

Kidding... It was great... touching...

Shreyasi said...

you weren't serious when you said you didn't feel all that, were you?! Its BEAUTIFUL!!

Unknown said...

I like it too :) It's my favourite poem (if that doesn't sound too haughty)...
I don't know re... I didn't know I could produce all these deep thoughts :) When I wrote it, I looked back at it and was quite surprised at myself.