Readers, Dont dare assume that the poem is about Me, your "beloved" Vishy. Well, most of the points are true as I see it, but not all. Ill tell you where the poem falls short... But first read thru.
[Poem written in the midst of Engg Vivas]I may hide behind a rosy veil,
Barely discernible to all but a few
But whatever be my reason to deceive
Deep down inside, I am still me.
My mind is like the murky depths of a pool
Outwardly calm, collected and cool
Yet you don't know what turmoil goes on beneath
Deep down inside, I am still me.
I change moods like the weather in spring,
Sunny one moment, cloudy the next.
Even if you know me, you cannot fathom me.
Its not your fault, its just me.
Few are allowed in the inner sanctum
Of my mind, for it is like a tome
Whose pages are forever bound permanently
By the irrepressible force that is me.
I can be helpful one day, swarthy the next,
A slight from me is difficult to forget
Who am I, I ask pensively,
And the answer comes, I am me.
I dont intend to be swarthy, it just happens, like those unintentional slights that keep happening. Happens to anyone...
Anyway, thats where the poem is false :-)
Anyway, thats where the poem is false :-)
2 comments:
nice poem...
Deep down inside every person keeps an image of himself... but from the outside wears a mask...
true...
Dunno why we are compelled to wear one, though.
Post a Comment